Honor Roll Designations
An A is counted as 4 grade points, a B - 3 points, a C - 2 points, and a D - 1 point. The same point system is used in figuring class rank and accumulative grade averages on permanent records. A grade of a U in a class eliminates the student from honor roll.
- High Honors--no graded shall be below an A- and the nine week GPA must be 4.00.
- Maroon Honors--the nine week GPA must be between 3.50 and 3.99.
- Gray Honors--the nine week GPA must be between 3.00 and 3.49.
Grade requirements to be considered for National Honor Society membership are:
- Sophomores, 3.5 GPA
- Juniors, 3.5 GPA
- Seniors, 3.5 GPA
Honor students will be indicated as follows in the commencement program, newspaper publications, etc.:
- Highest Honor, 3.9 or Above
- High Honor, 3.7 to 3.9
- Honor, 3.5 to 3.7
- Highest Honor, gold stole
- High Honor, gold honor cord
- Honor, maroon and gray honor cord